Thursday, May 20, 2010

FEAR! MY CHAMPION. MY FRIEND.

Harrowing emotional days popped up every other day.

I should stop.

Many painful physical conditions challenged me sometimes morning, sometimes night.

I could stop.

Fear gripped the mental faculty on seldom occasions but the time it did it left me horrified.

I can stop.

But sanity reigned with a conscience choice

to think differently and

do things in my own way that being

one step at a time,

one day at a time.

Each day I dressed up and showed up for 20 days.

By the goodness of God ….

TODAY I AM a HOLDER OF AN INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENCE.


Just 6 months short of my lucky birthday 55/55.

2010 is my kind of year.


Challenging situations and full of ups and downs is a life worth living.


I realized as the day unfolds and things happen and

if I slow down I can see that

every situation is a way to find out who I am.


If things are going my way how does that make me feel,

how do I react and

what is my behavior in such an environment.


What is my personality when mud wheels turn

spitting its delights with no concern

for me or my sensibilities and sensitivities?


How does the moment tick when I am blamed for something I did not do?

What is my mind gripped with at a time like this?


Life talks, life lives, life is present always,

but am I present in the present?


Open your mind to the wonders of what life has to offer

and let it impact your life and affect your thinking.


Years ago I took to heart the saying “Do it afraid”.

It was a great step forward to know that

you don’t have to be brave first and act later.


Everything does not have to be right before

you endeavor or embark on a project.

You just have to do it !

I did!


Yes, I am on my feet.

It’s true you heard right fear can be zapped right out of existence.


Here is how you can do it.


Make fear your friend when it knocks asks questions…

Be persistent if it’s persistent.

Don’t back down…stare it in the eye.

Don’t blink.


You are in charge, do not freeze or it will lead you by the nose.

Fear, is my Champion, my friend when I ……..


F…..Follow my belief

E…..Enact my faith

A…..Accept and dwell in the

R…..Righteousness of God


Love always

Joscelyn

1 comment:

  1. Fear can be a motivator , but not for me. To live with happiness is an art. I wish every one to be letf handed and learn the art of how to be happy ........

    ReplyDelete