Thursday, October 28, 2010

THE ONE TIME SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY

I gave myself a break one day I let ME think of the past.

Of the buts and ifs’ I reminisced and the

Could be and maybes’ I dwelt on.

In rushed why without warning?

How did this happen to me?

Poor me! Lucky them!!

Lonesome me. Happy them.

What have I to smile about?

My mind struggled to keep afloat.

A tunnel opened it was lined with the slippery stuff of

self pity. I peeped in and self righteousness grabbed

me.


I slowly slid into the never ending down ward spiral of

self justification.


It was cold to look at but my feelings burned holes into

the fabric of my being. Bitterness I could taste in my

mouth.


Yes, it sure was a break I let myself have!!!! It was

breaking me alright!!!!! It happened so quick!


So I hauled myself back to the present and yes I like it

here in today.

The past is over and the future is not mine. Today is

my playground and do I want to play.

YES!

Everything has two sides.If your perspective gives you

peace you can hang on to it even if no one else agrees.

But when you feel like justifying your stand at every

chance you get. It is Time to try another

perspective.


I forgave. Then nothing else was left to do but the job I

love so well. And the day unfolded busy but the mind

was stable and calm. That is how I like it, its’ like a

million bucks to me!

Have you collected your million!


Love always

Joscelyn Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment