Friday, April 2, 2010

BRICKS AND LACE

Good intentions are free and invigorating. Executing the good intention is tough and long-term. The feel good factor of intentions fades when the implementation begins. What stares you in the face is discomfort of darkness as hard work beckons and silence deafens as your ego stops talking to you. You are on your own. Now reality bites and only the tough get going the rest make excuses for themselves or blame others both are time consuming activities and gets one back on the table of good intentions feeling free and invigorating once again. So you see it’s quite a short journey around the block if you are the talker and not the doer.

Think big is the message flashing in my head. The signals I see says ‘THINK BIG’. If through life you own voice has been your mean critic. It’s been your stumbling block, every now and again. Then now is the time to transform all that. Thinking Big comes from knowing how to dream in Technicolor. Can you visualize your dream with open eyes? Can you see your dream in the day? Can you see your dream when it’s dark or even when your hut is on fire? Can you see an opportunity in what others term as a disaster? If yes, then yes you are a big thinker. But then a big doer is another thing altogether.

Mostly its bricks of kindness and thoughtfulness and help and care of generous, good souls that paved the way as I built my being as I am. Expressed thanks I have, shown appreciation, it will never be enough. All such effort and generosity I make green with my attitude. I received as a bequest, without thinking of consequences. I now must give with my life, without worrying about the cost.

I will fashion words which do not hurt, mortify and scar when I speak to others or to myself. The piercing word which injures and maims and holds to ransom sweet existence is to be over and done as it eradicates the bitterness that sours cream even if it’s in ones imagination.

I see myself clearer than even before. I am weaker than you thought. I am more selfish than I knew among other things. Jaded is my bowled over and fall down attitude. I know now what I have to do but will I have the courage to go the long way it takes me or will I fall down and play dead. Time will tell.

Love always,

Joscelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment