Saturday, April 10, 2010

DAILY DELIGHTS


A little one pushes with both tiny hands the door of my office.

The door budges a couple of inches and closes shut.

No sound or movement I detect for a couple of seconds I was half way out of my chair when the door moved an inch again.

I stood up and the door opened and in came tumbling the owner of the hands that never gave up. I was impressed.

“Good Morning Supervisor Ma’am” said little Benjamin giving me a beaming smile.

“Good Morning Dear, How can I help you?”

“I like your office” said the admirer looking around.

“Oh, do you now! Well, thank you.”I said hardly knowing what to expect next.

“I want to see my class?” he said with a twinkle in his eye.

“Your class?” I asked perplexed. Knowing that Benjamin has been with us over 6 months and surely knew where his classroom was located.

“Tell me the name of your class?” I ventured.

“R2G”, pat came the reply.

I was glad he knew the name of his class.

Ok, let’s go and I will show you your class."

“There, my class is here, he said pointing to the notice board on which Class Teachers had contributed in handcraft the name of their respective class along with a photograph of them self.

With that he clamored on to the sofa in front of the board on his knees and reached to touch the Bee that held the name of his class.



“Where is my teacher?” he murmured. By now I was clued on and watched him look about on the board.

Smartly, he shouted, “Here here!” I had no need to even point her out for him. Then without further ado he got on to his feet waved a ‘bye bye’ to me and left.

He had me smiling as I experienced his confidence and I am grateful I did.

Love Always

Joscelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment