Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A PRAYER BY A KNUCKLE HEAD!

Forgive me Lord for the times I do,

but I know not what I am doing.


Be patient with me Lord when

I forget to do what I need to be doing.


Don’t give up on me Lord when

you find me wandering and wondering what to do.


Grace my thoughts now, before that

vacant sign goes up in my eyes.


Shower me with blessings when a drought of ideas floods my mind and threatens to over whelm.


Grant me the peace to know when

it’s going to pieces and when

it’s time to pick up the pieces.


Remind me to laugh again once

the pain subsides and I catch my breath.


Stay by my side as I shave a sliver of life

and try to do better than my best.


Step on the slow motion button if

I trip or stumble and fumble for

want of affirmative thinking.


Yes that’s it Lord,

I can’t think of anything more I can let you do for me.


Amen


“You were on a roll why did you stop….. Knuckle head!”

You said it.

Maybe,I am the Knuckle head!


Love always

Joscelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment