Friday, September 18, 2009

The Language Of Actions

Events in my life have taught me that altering habits improve behaviour.
But this kind of change is not long lasting.

I learned lasting change only comes from journeying deeper into your beliefs. For in simple but deep rooted beliefs lay the reasons for habits leading to behaviour. Beliefs and fears live in the same house. Fear driven habits and behavior are the root causes of many a lovely life being stunted. If your belief is that you deserve the best.
That will motivate you to explore the right route to succeed.

Watch out for these syndromes while you journey.
All are very common maladies and curable.
Treated leads to peace and comfort.

Zombie Race Syndrome: “Everyone should think like me”
No, the nearest you’ll get sometimes is like mindedness.

The World Twirls On My Axis Syndrome: “If I don’t do it, it will never be done”
Oh, yes it will get done and a tad quicker and better at times.

It’s Me So It’s Ok Syndrome: “It’s ok because ____ deserved it”
“If only .......
“But I was ......

Excuses are reserved for the 'ME' alone!


Me Upright Syndrome: ‘I would never do a thing like that’
‘How could she/he do such a thing’
Oh, Yes you would given half a chance.

Rigid is Best Syndrome- “My way or the highway”
No, there are many different ways more creative, more enjoyable and great fun.

Supreme Manager Syndrome: “I must always be in control”
Look closely, the wheels are not emotionally involved. Trying to have power over what is not yours to control is the most futile and exhausting task in the universe.

I believe oppressive pain comes from perception and expectations.
I believe people are usually doing the best they can. It is not always about you.
I believe God does not create the downs of life but He gives the strength to endure and succeed.
I believe the joy of being there in someone’s need, of sharing, of giving is not celebrated as much as it should be.

I believe in the goodness of human beings and this I do not want to change. I have enjoyed time and time again this nectar of human decency. It makes life so worth its while. I recall. I remember and treasure these experiences and bless them all,for keeping my faith and belief with their actions. Yes, actions alone speak. Period!

Joscelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment