Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shipshape And Ready To Go

I stared at the mail in my inbox. It was flooded with replies from Face book. At last I succumbed to the pressure. Family and friends welcomed me. At the first glance it looked all the same to me. I wondered who would send the same message so many times.
Then my eyes scrolled up and down and then sideways and I was pleasantly surprised.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I am off on my new assignment as Kindergarten Supervisor in Fujairah UAE. This is after a break of 6 months. The break was natural fallout of a decision taken on principle.
In Doha I had the most mind baffling experience of not being able to procure a Resident visa for my only daughter. So I decided to come back to India and set her up in a good college.
Everyone knows what a herculean task it is to get admission in a good reputed college. With the universe routing for us people were put in our path. Persons with their generosity, faith and kindness made admission to Sophia College and hostel a dream come true. Today, Janelle is attending this fantastic college and growing in responsibility. She is so up for the challenge.

To express myself was a need that grew in the days when all this was coming through. Addressing that need I started blogging at the end of May ’09. Tough times are most fertile for learning. I had my fair share of those times so I made the best of what I had.

I knew many things were going ‘not so well’ so as to speak. Nevertheless, there were many things ‘going well’ too. It was my decision to count my blessing on a larger platform than I was already doing. I had made gratitude an attitude by writing regularly from the year 2002. Each day and everyday! Little notepads and mini books I filled plenty.

Believe me I am real
I cry
I mop
I imagine the worst
I freeze
I stare at the TV
I churn
I fear
I doubt
This happens at intervals and I allow it for short periods only.

Then no matter what, I always make a choice to get back on track of making today fruitful in even the simplest way. I do what I can do and I focus on doing it well.

So, I signed up for Sunny Thoughts and practiced them making them my own
I blogged about what I adopted and how it benefited me
I meditated on faith and belief
I brushed up my computer skills
I tuned into finer thinking
I read, and devoured everything in my reach. I hailed it as a resource and a signal to what I needed. I accepted it as such so it worked as such.

I like the feeling which accompanies this kind of doing! So I seek it.
In a new and improved approach I trusted my instincts and relied more and more on my abilities.

I searched and I found.

Joscelyn

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post . Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Wish you all the success and happiness in your new assignment.
    Where did you bottle all your expressions and thoughts before 2002? Why and what desire or experience put you on the path towards discovering your inner self?
    Will I be able to hear that knock on my door or do i need to force myself to open my soul?
    Why do I find myself in knots unable to bare my own emotions?

    Love you. In the beehive of my life your posts keep peeping in like a faint ray of light.
    Neeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeta, Your comment touched my heart. You have heard the knock. Relax awareness is the first step in the right direction. Love u too. keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete